How to get a Chinese Visa

How to get a Chinese Visa

Getting a visa for China is actually fairly easy. However, please be aware that the rules and regulations are constantly changing. I will try my best to keep this page up-to-date, but its always best to double-check with your local consulate or visa application centre

Firstly, you need to make sure you have the following things on you:

1.     Basic Documents

 (1)  Passport

Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages and a photocopy of the passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate.

(2)  Visa Application Form and Photo

One completed Visa Application Form with a recently taken colour passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background attached

(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)

If you are not applying for the visa in the country of your citizenship, you must provide the original and a photocopy of your valid visa or certificate of stay, residence, employment or student status of the country where you are currently staying.

(4) Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable to those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship)

If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide your previous passport and a photocopy of its data page.

If you have obtained a Chinese visas before and want to apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page. (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change.)

2. Supporting Documents

(1) Flight details. Proof you are at some point leaving the country. For example, if you have a 30 day visa then you either need a return flight from somewhere in China within 30 days or a return flight from another city, e.g. Hong Kong. If its outside mainland China (where a visa is required) it doesn’t have to be within the visa allowed entry days.

(2) You have to have at least several days of accommodation pre-booked for your first few nights. It does say you need to have all of it booked, but don’t worry you don’t.

For further information click here


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *