This was a fantastic place to stay at, and so the best way I could possibly sum it up in a review is with bullet points as there is so much I want to say
- The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating, even the manager was willing to sit down and have a beer with us in the evening! Extremely nice guy!
- The staff will help you with any problems you may have and help you to find things.
- Drinks are reasonably priced and so is most of the food (10 CYN for 600ml bottle of beer, 2 CYN for bottle of water)
- Excellent atmosphere and a/c is on 24/7 in the dorms keeping the temperature perfect.
- Toilets are Western style toilets and toilet paper is provided
- There is a phone shop near the hostel where they don’t speak any English. If you ask someone behind reception he’ll go with you and help you to buy what you need. At first I went there on my own and got vaguely across what I wanted. I was asked to pay 150 RMB. When the guy from the reception came with me the price dropped to 50 CYN!
- Laundry service, although a little pricey at 15 CYN/Kg, is extremely quick and usually ready the same day!
- Showers and bathrooms are very clean and modern.
- Atmosphere is always good downstairs with music being played, but you don’t hear anything when in the dorms
- Beds are comfortable and made everyday!
- Plug socket next to every bunk bed
- Anything you need written in Mandarin, just ask at reception
- Travel Agency 1 minute walk from hostel (Speaks no English!)
- Extremely good location, 5 minute walk to Tianaman Square
- If you are trying to learn Mandarin and speak to the staff, they will make the effort to understand you and correct you if needed. That really helped!
- All staff speak English well enough to understand all your complex needs.
- 10 Dorm Room is not very secure.
- Lockers are downstairs.
- The hostel does not offer a train ticket service.